On my way to work, I decided that I would stop at a market to buy some bread, milk, and fresh vegetables


I did not have my cellphone (I’m not going to carry it), so I stopped at the
first gas station I saw, filled the tank up at a convenience store, and then
drove a couple of miles to the next one, where my phone was. I stopped at the
intersection of a highway at a light. I had no idea how to turn it on, so I
just stopped, put the car in drive, and then the button went on.

At the next gas station, I stopped at the pump, paid for the gas and used the
rest to pay $9.25 for 20 gallons at a local grocery store. I filled up again
(I had no idea what the gallon symbol was doing on gallons, so I just filled
the tank), took my bag out of the trunk, and went to find a market.

I finally found a little open-air market, where I found
everything on my list. The meat was very overcooked and some of it was frozen.
The bread was stale, and there were no fresh fruits and veggies on display. But
at least the vegetables were fresh: I picked up a bag of mixed vegetables,
and they were a variety of colors. I found green pepper and watercress, and a
spray of chopped garlic, onions, and green onions. In all, there were six
different kinds of green peppers, and I’m almost certain that I will find
chili peppers next.

The rice was still warm (the rice didn’t even need the water), and my bag was
full of bread, milk, and fresh vegetables. I had not remembered to order
anything, but I decided to order some coffee first. I also knew that it would
be a good opportunity to eat some of my breakfast.

Finally at my table, I ordered some coffee, a piece of bread, and a cup of
milk. I ate almost all of the beans and rice. I also had the bread and beans
with extra mustard, and the milk and avocado spread (which tasted better than
the avocado I had before; but with the avocado spread, I didn’t have much
choices: I could have some lettuce, some onions, some jalapeños, a piece of
pita, or a piece of tortilla, but I had to choose that instead). There was a
piece of cheddar cheese on the bread, and then a piece of ham, and then three
pieces of butter. I had to make another trip to the market (because I couldn’t
buy anything else there), and I paid a total of $8.50 at the supermarket. I
went back to my car, left my bag there and drove to the hotel.

I took off my shoes and socks, and then took my socks off (it was the first
time in years that I had to do that). I put my shoes back on, and then my
shirt and pants. I still didn’t feel sleepy, but I had eaten well and my body
was not too warm. My room was cold, but I was not freezing. I also realized
that even though I was wearing shorts and shoes (the hotel doesn’t serve
breakfast at 6:00 a.m.), it was still relatively warm in the room.

So I took off my shirt, and when I put on my pants, the shorts were so short
that it was like I had taken off my underpants. I had to put on another pair
of pants. I changed again, putting on the second pair of pants. I got my feet
inside the shoes, which were too tight. They also did not work for my feet, so
I put on socks (again, the hotel does not serve breakfast at 6:00 a.m.),
put my shoes back on, and then put my shirt back on. I had never been so cold
in my life, and my teeth were chattering.

At that moment, I realized that I was going to start my day early. My first
task was to go to the bathroom. I walked down the hallway to the small room
that has a sink and toilet (no bath). The bathroom was cold, so I pulled out
my bag, took out a cold towel from the top shelf in the bathroom, wrapped it
around me and then opened the door. As I stood there naked in the hallway, the
hotel’s staff (who must be there daily) came in, looked at me, and then
disappeared. I put the towel around me, and then took off my shirt and went to
go to the bathroom.

I went into the bathroom, closed the door, pulled out the chair that was
sitting half-on the floor and half-on the sink, sat down on it and then
pushed the door open so I could step into the toilet. I pulled the toilet seat
into the back, pulled out a clean towel from the bathroom, used it to dry my
hands, flushed it, then washed the toilet and then turned it on.

I put on my shirt again and then took my shoes off and put them back on. I
then took my jeans off and then put my shirt on and pulled on my pants. I had
decided that it would be a good idea to wear my pants under my shirt so I
could feel them (they were too baggy on me), but then I realized that they were
too tight. I pulled out another pair of jeans, put everything back on, put my
shirt back on, and took my shoes and socks off. I put the shoes on but they
would not fit into them, so I put the socks on over the shoes and then put my
pants on. I pulled out the chair and now I had to take it to the bathroom
because it had been sitting there since the morning.

When I got back to the room, I sat down on the chair again and this time I
could not pull the chair into the bathroom. I pulled out the chair and again
sat on it. I took out the towel again, and again began to dry my whole body.
I put my jeans on, put my shirt on, and took my socks off. I then took my
shoes off.

Share this


Tommy’s mission was to escape from the waking world

He needed to figure out a way to get back to his own body, so that he could complete his mission without having to go through the motions of a waking life. There was...

Beth stood atop the headland, watching the waves crash gently onto the ocean, feeling suddenly as if she was being pulled away from herself,...

Yet as she gazed out into an ocean that seemed to beckon as an unknown singer sang a song of longing, Beth felt suddenly as if she had been the one to place the...

The green eyes looked at Danielle, and then at the knight

“Sorry,” Danielle said, as she saw the last of the needles float out of sight, and the wall in front of the knight collapsed. She looked back down at the green eyes. “Is it...

Recent articles

More like this